What are the best daily habits to improve your life?
Self-development and implementing good daily habits and routines to improve our lives is the hot topic of the century.
Just look around.
And I love this!
Many years ago, it was very hard to find information on how to grow and be the best version of ourselves.
There were a few big names such as Dale Carnegie, Napoleon Hill, and Stephen Covey, but most of us were too skeptic to fully believe that everything is possible.
My first read on that subject was Og Mandino’s The Greatest Salesman in The World. I still remember the thrill of reading something so profound and the realization that this is something that changes lives is as strong today as it was back then.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you sign up or make a purchase I might get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my business. See full disclosure.
The power of the habits and You
Habits are your biggest weakness and your most powerful tool.
Our days and nights are managed by the habits we practice. We are who we are because of the little things we do daily and the little things we do every day are what we call habits.
Talking about Og Mandino’s book, in one of his scriptures he says
“In truth, the only difference between those who have failed and those who have succeeded lies in the difference of their habits. Good habits are the key to all success. Bad habits are the unlocked door to failure. Thus, the first law I will obey, which precedeth all others are—I will form good habits and become their slave.”
You see, we are already controled by our habits. So, let’s be controled by good habits.
In this post, I will introduce to you 101 good daily habits that will drastically improve your life.
You probably already practice some of them, others have been on your to-do list for some time, and some of them will be new ideas that will get you that “click” in your mind and will be the last push you needed to start making changes.
Good Daily Habits To Improve Your Mornings
Let’s start with morning habits and routines. Do you already have one?
1. Wake up early. If you want to make a change in your life, you need to find time for it. Waking up early gives you that time.
2. Drink more water. Hydration is a big deal.
3. Exercise for at least 5 minutes every morning.
4. Meditate. Find your inner peace. Listen to it.
5. Write in a journal – brain dump or…
6. … create a gratitude list.
7. Go out for a short walk. – Walk the dog or get off the bus at the previous stop and walk to the office.
8. Do yoga.
9. Prepare a healthy breakfast and enjoy it.
10. Have a homemade green smoothie if breakfast isn’t your thing.
11. Read a page from an inspirational book.
12. Take a quick cold shower. Ok, almost nobody does that, but at least lower the temperature and make it last less than a minute.
13. Visualise your day ahead. In your mind, see the best way this day could go.
14. Repeat a few morning affirmations. Your brain is extremely perceptive in the morning. Use it in your advantage.
15. Take your time. Try to never rush through the morning. Rushing is the worst way to start your day.
Good Daily Habits To Improve Your Productivity
16. Listen to an audiobook on your way to work (and on the way back).
17. Avoid your phone for most of the time you’re at work. Your phone is your biggest distraction in life. It’s proven that phone notifications interrupt our focus up to 50 times per day.
19. Don’t waste your time gossiping with your colleagues.
20. Eliminate any type of distractions in your workplace.
21. Clean your desk daily. (I must pin this above my desk…)
22. Delegate or outsource tasks. This would help you focus on what’s really important.
23. Be specific with your yearly, monthly and daily goals.
24. Under each goal, write a full list of the exact steps you need to take to achieve your goal.
25. Always end your day with success. Finish whatever you can, close a deal, reach out to a client. End every day with success.
26. Often take breaks. It’s worth it.
27. Follow the 80/20 rule. Remember, 80% of your success comes from 20% of your work. Find your 20% and focus on them. (Pareto Principle)
28. Take productivity courses. They’ll help you be the master of productivity in no time.
29. Create your to-do lists at the end of the day, not at the beginning of it.
30. Read a work-related piece of content every day. It helps you grow and be a true professional in your field.
Good Daily Habits To Improve Your Mental Health
31. Find time for your hobby. Don’t have a hobby? Of course, you do. Just find time for it.
32. Learn mindfulness. Be present at any point of the day. The past is gone, and the future is untouchable. Only here and now exist. Stay here.
34. Move your body – exercise, dance, or walk.
35. Do a daily brain dump. Pour your soul onto the paper. It feels good.
36. Stop reacting to other people’s opinions of you. It’s just an opinion based on their perception of you. It has nothing to do with you.
37. Don’t multitask. Try to never multitask. Our brains are incapable of multitasking and trying to do more things at once drains your energy.
38. End the toxic relationships in your life. Yes, the relationship you just thought of… drop it off.
39. Make peace with yourself. Does something bother you? Make peace with yourself and stick to the decision you took. It’s the best you could do right now.
40. Prioritise yourself. I know, it’s hard to think about yourself first, and maybe it isn’t necessary to do it all the time, but ignoring your needs is bad for you and the people around you.
41. Practice self-care daily. Create your daily self-care routine and stick to it. If you don’t look after yourself, who would?
42. Learn something new every day. Try to learn something new about the world around you, your work or on a subject you love. It keeps your mind busy and trains your brain to be active.
43. Stop stressing over something you can’t change. I know, easier said than done. But you’ve got to try.
44. Motivate yourself daily. Keep your motivational levels up. Whatever you need help with, there’s a resource for it. It might be a TED talk, a book, a course. There’s help waiting for you to reach out.
Good Daily Habits To Sleep Better
46. Don’t eat straight before going to sleep. Eat not later than two hours before the time you have to go to sleep.
47. Go to sleep at the same time every day. It helps your body to relax faster.
48. Drink camomile tea before bed.
49. Take a warm bath or shower in the evening.
50. If you have trouble with falling asleep, spray your pillow with lavender oil or pour it into your diffuser.
52. Express gratitude for the things that happened today. You know many good things happen every day in your life. Be grateful for them.
53. Visualise your dreams. Allow yourself to feel like your dreams are a reality. Raise your vibrations, and your brain will do the rest.
54. Meditate for 5 minutes. It helps you relax your mind.
55. Hug someone.
56. Dim the lights in the room you sleep.
57. Don’t make a big decision. You’re tired and probably have accumulated loads of stress and bad energy during the day. That’s the worst time to take decisions.
58. Don’t try to solve any problems. Same reasons. Sleep on it.
59. Repeat a few bedtime affirmations. Affirmations help you focus on a positive outcome.
60. No phones for at least 30 minutes before bedtime.
Good Daily Habits For Finding Happiness
61. Look after your health. A healthy body can find happiness easier than an unhealthy one.
62. Find true friends. It’s not about how many friends you have, but how many of them are true ones.
63. Learn to say No. That’s hard but essential. Happy people know their limits and values and respect them.
64. Be honest with yourself. It’s always the better option.
65. Give. Give your time to someone who needs you. Give your food to someone who needs it. Give love to everyone you meet. The fastest way to receive happiness is by giving it.
66. Be grateful. Every minute of the day.
67. Eat more fruits. Fruits are sweet happiness. If you feel depressed, try pineapple.
68. Go out and stay under the sun for at least 30 minutes. Every day.
69. Tell someone you love them.
70. Play with kids. Their happiness is contagious.
71. Do something you’ve always wanted to do. What is it? Skydiving? Driving a motorbike? Staring a new business? Go for it!
72. Work on your dream. Every. Single. Day.
73. Find reasons to laugh.
74. Help someone around you.
75. Be kind to yourself.
Good Daily Habits To Learn Self-Love
76. Forgive yourself. Yes, that thing you just thought about? Forgive yourself about it. It’s time.
78. Improve your sleep. You can’t love yourself if you feel like a zombie. Take some sleep.
79. Mens sana in corpore sano. That’s Latin. And it means “A healthy mind in a healthy body.” Look after yourself.
80. Stop comparing yourself. We all have different backgrounds and different paths to walk. I’ve got mine, and you’ve got yours. Let’s focus on that.
81. Appreciate who you are.
82. Stop the negative self-talk. If you wouldn’t tell something to your best friend why tell it yourself?
83. Practice positive affirmations. They help.
84. If you want to change something in your life or about yourself – do it. If you can’t make that change happen – accept it and learn to love it.
85. Stop being a people pleaser. You aren’t entitled to make everyone happy. You are entitled to make yourself happy, though.
86. Create a realistic list of your positive traits. Be honest, not shy. Nobody’s going to read it.
87. Take self-love seriously. It’s the base you need to build up a life you’re proud of.
88. Stop feeling guilty/responsible for other people’s unhappiness.
89. Write a love letter to your younger self. What would you tell her? Encourage her. Try to help her. Forgive her.
90. Create a happy vision board. It’s just like a normal vision board. But instead of photos of things you want, pin photos of your happiest moments – your favourite people, favourite places you visited, favourite food, events, etc. Keep adding to your happy board.
Good Daily Habits – Things To Do To Stay Motivated On Your Goals
91. Keep your goal on your mind all the time. Make it part of you. Breath with it. Let it be your priority in every decision.
92. Record your progress.
93. Get support from the people around you. If they don’t support you, find online groups that will encourage you to keep going.
94. Break things down to the smallest actions.
95. Whenever you think you won’t make it happen – make another step. And then another one.
96. Find a mentor. Someone to look up to. They could live on the other side of the planet, and they might never know they’re mentoring you. Read their biography. Watch their videos. Read their books. Soak their energy.
97. Don’t skip even a day to work on achieving your dream. Even if you’ve got 5 mins only.
98. Modify your dream if you have to. We change. Our dreams can change too. Don’t feel bad if you have to adjust your dream to the new You.
99. Read success stories of the people who did it.
100. Educate yourself on the subject, whatever the subject is.
101. Remember: we all have different measurements for success. No dream is small enough to be ignored. Go for it.
↓Liked these ideas? Pin this post for later↓